GPS Maps offers great help by finding routes. Whenever you visit a new city or town, then, maps play very important as they help us reach our right destination without wasting our precious time. Also, for Cab Drivers, Garmin Maps acts as a life savior for them as they visit new places every day only with the help of Maps. So, to add new places, to fix bugs and errors, updates for Maps are released. We should update them every time for the best experience. So, many people ask that ‘how do I update my Garmin Maps for free?’ So, today in this article, we will give you instructions on that. Kindly follow these points mentioned below:
- First, using a USB cable, connect your Garmin GPS to your PC
- Now, open a web browser and search Garmin's find map updates page.
- Choose "Automotive" and select "Download Map Updater." The download will start in a few seconds and if it doesn’t then, your device is not eligible for free updates.
- Open your downloaded file to begin the installation of the Garmin Map Updater.
- Launch the application and it will detect your device in a few seconds.
- When the update is available then, you’ll see popup named ‘"A free map update is available!’ Click on continue.
- Make sure that you have enough storage to download updates. Then, click continue, and downloading will begin shortly and it will 2-3 hours to finish the download and installation process.